Friday, January 11, 2013

Reflection


In my first blog I analyzed the origin of American democracy. I thought it would be a good way to start the blogs. My goal was analyze different aspects of the government and i believe I have achieved that. Throughout the semester my topics revolved around the three branches of the government. These blogs have me gain an in depth knowledge  about the executive, judiciary and legislative branch and how they function. I believe I have developed a political voice by analyzing different political philosophies. These blogs more and less forced me to research current events and different governmental policies. Truthfully at first I believed the blogs would be a waste of time, but later I realized that these blogs were actually really helpful. Instead of cramming for the tests the day before , I was actually familiarizing myself with the topic in advance. A lot of the topics I covered in my blogs really helped me when it came to the exams and the free responses. At the beginning of the semester my blogs were more about political philosophies of the two main parties. With the election going on, it was the perfect opportunity for me to learn more about their platform and where they stood on certain issues. So every week I analyzed the standpoint of Barack Obama and mitt Romney. Every week I picked a new topic and discussed where they stood. I believe I talked about health care, taxes and other issues. it forced me to research topic that normally I wouldn't have bothered with. After the election was over I focused more on he economic policies on the country like the fiscal cliff and tax increase. I also discussed social policies like gun control and abortion. After looking through all of them I believe my best blog would be my first one: the origin of American democracy. It basically sums up the whole course. If I had chance to do it over, I will try to focus more on one subject instead of discussing bunch of different things. I would have also tried to research more in depth on the topics I wrote about. As a tip for novice bloggers, I would say do not procrastinate with the blogs. Also, I would recommend looking in your textbook for topics. If you can't think of any topic, then just browse through the book. It's a great place to find topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment